Your vision is something that you never take for granted. You schedule regular eye exams, keep your glasses and/or contact lens prescriptions current, and continue to desperately wish there was an alternative solution that wasn’t attached to so many varying opinions and stories. Magruder Laser Vision, an expert in LASIK eye surgery Orlando, is here to help you see the truth. (Pun intended!) Let’s debunk the myths that are keeping you from waking up one morning with clearer vision so you can ditch those glasses once and for all!
- I can’t afford such an expensive procedure so why even think about it? The key is to focus on what expenses will no longer be necessary after you’ve had the procedure. If you were to add the cost of annual exams, frames, lenses, contact lenses, cleaning solutions, occasional repairs, and multiply that number over 10+ years, you would be amazed on how much you spend on all of that. There are many financing options available to help you achieve your dream of having perfect vision. Payments are often less than your cell phone bill.
- I am afraid of the high risk associated with LASIK. The surgery is over in no time flat and the amazing advancements made in laser technology have made LASIK tremendously precise. LASIK for good candidates is actually safer than contacts over time. Over 35 million patients have proven that LASIK is one of the safest elective surgeries to consider. In addition to that, Doc Brock has pioneered this surgery in Central Florida, performing over 25,000 procedures in his career.
- I’ve heard that recuperation is a lengthy process, and I just don’t have that kind of time. The truth is that most patients will notice immediately that their vision is clearer. The majority of patients who have had LASIK are typically out of action for just the actual day of surgery. After the procedure, you will be instructed to go home and you’ll probably want to take a nice nap. You will be permitted to drive the next day and will come back for a follow-up visit that takes about 15 minutes.
- I work nights and people have told me that LASIK causes problems with seeing after dark. Not anymore! When LASIK was in its infancy, there was percentage of patients who reported experiencing a halo effect, or glare, when the sun went down. Once again, the advancements in LASIK technology have tremendously minimized this side effect. So don’t worry; you’ll be able to drive to work without experiencing difficulty. Most people prefer their LASIK night vision to what they had with contacts or glasses.
- I don’t think LASIK can’t correct my astigmatism. In fact, LASIK is very effective for astigmatism, and people with this condition are often among the best candidates. Astigmatism means you have a slightly football shaped cornea, and LASIK restores a more natural basketball shape.
Doc Brock, the leader in LASIK eye surgery Orlando, is here to address any other concerns you might have about having the procedure during your initial consultation. We are excited to help you see the world without the need for glasses or contacts. Contact us online, or call us at 407-843-5665, and let Doc Brock and the staff at Magruder Laser Vision help you pitch those glasses and contact forever! We are Magruder Laser Vision — Correcting Eyes. Changing Lives.